This taco salad is one of my favorite things I’ve ever eaten. The combination of textures and flavors mesh together in the most beautiful symphony. This is a definite crowd pleaser for all in our household. I mean how can a kid not enjoy a salad when you get to put Dorrito’s on top of it!? Enjoy!
- 32 oz ground beef (you’ll be using 16 oz for taco salad and 16 oz for Creamy Shells & Beef but we will cook all of it tonight)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained (1 can)
- 3.8 ounces sliced black olives, drained (1 can)
- 2 cups nacho cheese Doritos, crushed
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup homemade Catalina dressing (*******)
- Large Skillet or Instant Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- Lettuce Knife
- Large Serving Bowl
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Sink & Trashcan
- Place 32 oz ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat or in your Instant Pot on Sauté mode LOW heat.
- Brown the meat and break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Remove approximately half of the ground beef, let cool and store in fridge.
- Then stir the taco seasoning into the remaining 16 oz of ground beef and add 1/3 cup water.
- Simmer until the water is absorbed, then remove from heat.
- Chop the lettuce with a lettuce knife and pile in a large serving bowl. Then pile the taco meat and beans over the top.
- Drizzle the Catalina Dressing over the top and add a little more if you so desire.
- Next, pile on the tomatoes, green onions, and cheese.
- Finally, top with crushed Doritos and serve. Enjoy!
Click the images below to add these items to your kitchen!
- Elote Corn
- Mango Salsa Fresca & Tortilla Chips
- Rainbow Fruit Salad
GoPrep LLC, Prep With Me, & Thrifty Spouse, Happy House are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, we make a commission if you use the affiliate links in on our sites by linking to amazon.com.